Starting your Berkeley career in Fall Program for Freshmen (FPF) is like being in a small liberal arts college for your first semester. FPF offers a collaborative learning community for newly admitted freshmen in the College of Letters & Science at Berkeley. The key benefits of joining FPF are:
- A close-knit community of peers, advisors, and instructors are more accessible
- Smaller class sizes, allowing for high-impact learning
- FPF's core curriculum (differs from main campus core classes)
- Introduction to Berkeley's mission of teaching, research, and public service
- Support from FPF Ambassadors (student mentors) and tutors
- Access to all the benefits of Berkeley while being part of FPF for an additional program fee
The FPF core curriculum prepares our students for success and includes courses, such as major prerequisites, Reading and Composition courses, L&S Breadth Requirements, and electives. The individualized guidance from FPF advisors supports you in your immersion at Berkeley.
For in-person visits, please email srlph.com at least one business day in advance. Please note that May 30 through July 18 is a very busy advising season for 1-1 appointments with FPF students. Check out the Contact Us page!
New Student Receptions
皇冠官网体育Every April, the Cal Alumni Association and the UC Berkeley Office of Undergraduate Admissions host receptions throughout California for newly admitted students. FPF Staff and Ambassadors will be present at most of the California receptions and at some of the out-of-state receptions. UC Berkeley representatives will also answer FPF-related questions. Check out the full list of !
Berkeley Campus Tours
皇冠官网体育 gives free 90-minute campus tours every day. Stroll around campus with trained student guides who know the ins and outs of campus and student life.